Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 19 - 23, 2018


How will the students learn?

Detail of activities / strategies used to engaged students:

·         Monday:

o   Opening: Drama Elements Review

o    Work Session -

§  Instruction (I do): Teacher will review Anticipation Guide for Romeo & Juliet

§  Guided Practice (We do):

a. Students will individually complete their Anticipation Guides and we will review their responses together as a whole

b. We will begin reading Act I, Scenes I-II as a whole class.

Closing: Teacher will give students Part I of their ACT I Study Guide

(Majority of 2nd block will be attending the Romeo & Juliet Play so their lesson will be adjusted today & tomorrow)



·         Tuesday:

o   Opening: Students will begin completing their Character Analysis Chart: Romeo & Juliet

o    Work Session -

§  Guided Practice (We do):

a. We will continue reading Act I, Scenes III - V as a whole class.

b. 2ND Period: Begin reading Act I, Scenes I-III

§  Independent Practice (You do): Students will complete the ACT I Study Guide.

Closing: Ticket out the Door – Students will discuss their Study Guide answers with an elbow partner.



·         Wednesday:

o   Opening: Students will review readings from yesterday to prepare for class quiz.

o    Work Session -

§  Instruction (I do):  Teacher will give the class a whole group quiz. Students will complete the quiz, individually and teacher will call students (at random) to answer each question.

§  Guided Practice (We do): We will finish Act I & begin Act II.

§  Independent Practice (You do):

Closing: Ticket out the Door – Students should have completely finished their ACT I Study Guide & begin ACT II.



·         Thursday:

o   Opening: Character Analysis Chart

o   Work Session –

§  Instruction (I do): Teacher will discuss the Timeline of the story of Romeo & Juliet (3 days)

§  Guided Practice (We do): We will continue reading Act II, Scenes I-II

§  Independent Practice (You do): Students will begin completing their ACT II Study Guide

o   Closing: Ticket Out the Door – Students will plot the major events of the story thus far.



·         Friday:

o   Opening: Students will review readings from yesterday to prepare for class quiz

o   Work Session –

§  Instruction (I do): Teacher will give the class a whole group quiz. Students will complete the quiz, individually and teacher will call students (at random) to answer each question.

§  Independent Practice (You do):  Students will watch Gnomeo & Juliet and complete a compare and contrast graphic organizer.

Closing: Ticket Out the Door: Share the similarities and differences with a partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Into The Wild - FULL TEXT